D26530: ScrollView: Do not overlay scrollbars over contents

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 14:37:34 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D26530#593152 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26530#593152>, @mart wrote:

  > yes, i'm saying that the patch besides putting the separation in the frame, it also reintroduces the frame by default, which is unrelated (and i think it should be avoided)

  Let's distinguish and lines. A frame is a four-cornered outline. What we see in the following image has no frames:

  F7880630: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7880630>

  IMO using lines to separate distinct elements that touch the bounds of the window is 1000% better than putting everything in a frame floating on the view, separated by a few pixels of padding. You can add more lines (within reason) without the view becoming overwhelming and heavy and old-fashioned looking I love love love the Kirigami style that does this, and in fact our T10891: Breeze theme evolution <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10891> task proposes moving to this style for QWidgets apps too.

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style