D26582: Kicker/RecentUsageModel: Allow to open smb:/ sftp:/ resources

Алексей Шилин noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 11 22:26:13 GMT 2020

aleksejshilin added a comment.

  In D26582#591959 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26582#591959>, @meven wrote:

  > Well there was already KRun::setRunExecutables :)

  I've already talked about it in my previous message:

  In D26582#591952 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26582#591952>, @aleksejshilin wrote:

  > KRun currently doesn't seem to have a way to force opening of executables - one can only prohibit running them with setRunExecutables(), in which case an error message is displayed. That's why I decided to go the way it is now.

  For example:

  1. Install Okteta.
  2. Associate application/x-sharedlib mime type with Okteta.
  3. Open a shared library with Okteta.
  4. Try to open it again from 'Recent Documents'.

  Instead of opening the file in Okteta, it'll show a message box saying that the executable file won't be started for security reasons.

  I admit that it's not a likely scenario though, so let's see what others have to say.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace