D26545: WIP: [SystemTray] Set maximum size to block tiling

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 9 15:12:15 GMT 2020

kmaterka added a comment.

  There must be a better way to fix that. Layout.minimum = Layout.maximum has nice side affect that does what I want, but maybe better place is to change some (?) window flags in PlasmaCode.Dialog?

INLINE COMMENTS

> CalendarView.qml:36-37
>      Layout.preferredHeight: _minimumHeight * 1.5
> +    Layout.maximumWidth: Layout.preferredWidth
> +    Layout.maximumHeight: Layout.preferredHeight

As maximum != minimum in this case, popup can be resized (and tiled), but on next show size is restored

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:35
>      Layout.preferredWidth: Layout.minimumWidth
> -    Layout.preferredHeight: Layout.minimumHeight * 1.5
> +    Layout.preferredHeight: Layout.minimumHeight
> +    Layout.maximumWidth: Layout.minimumWidth

Removing 1.5 is fine, probably this is a left over. It was something like this (git history):

  Layout.minimumHeight: units.gridUnit * 14
  Layout.preferredHeight: Layout.minimumHeight * 1.5

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:36-37
> +    Layout.preferredHeight: Layout.minimumHeight
> +    Layout.maximumWidth: Layout.minimumWidth
> +    Layout.maximumHeight: Layout.minimumHeight
>      spacing: 0 // avoid gap between title and content

when Layout.maximumWidth/Heigh = Layout.minimumWidth/Heigh window is not re-sizable and not movable

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace