D26530: ScrollView: Do not overlay scrollbars over contents

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 8 22:12:26 GMT 2020

ngraham added a reviewer: Goal: Consistency.
ngraham added a comment.

  From T9126 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T9126>, the proposal is to use disappearing overlay scrollbars on mobile, and regular/old fashioned separated non-disappearing scrollbars on the desktop. This is what QWidgets apps already do, but QML apps on the desktop use an odd hybrid where the scrollbar is overlay-style and neither disappears nor overlaps the content because the content is re-shuffled to accommodate it. I don't really think it works IMO, and I agree with @ahiemstra they it just causes more problems than it solves. Also it's inconsistent with the conventional style on both desktop and mobile, while we're supposed to be focusing on #consistency <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/goal_consistency/>. So +1 overall.

  Would this require changes in all apps to undo their special support for the current style though? I still see overlaps in the Audio KCM for example, which uses the QQC2 desktop style: F7871361: Screenshot_20200108_151141.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7871361>

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style