D26271: [Applet]Update layout based on T10470

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 4 21:14:01 GMT 2020

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Very nice work! I continue to be impressed with your contributions.

  > What else to do, without displaying the full device names?

  Display full device names when there's more than one playback or input device, maybe. Or only when there are more than 2 and their names are identical.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ListItemBase.qml:116
> +                        id: defaultButton
> +                        Layout.leftMargin: units.smallSpacing * 0.75
> +                        spacing: units.smallSpacing * 1.5

Don't multiply by 0.75; this could result in a fractional value and the spacing doesn't doesn't need to be literally pixel-identical with the mockup

> ListItemBase.qml:117
> +                        Layout.leftMargin: units.smallSpacing * 0.75
> +                        spacing: units.smallSpacing * 1.5
> +                        checked: PulseObject.default

Don't override this here. If it looks bad, let's fix it in the RadioButton control itself

> ListItemBase.qml:127
> +                        visible: !defaultButton.visible
> +                        wrapMode: Text.NoWrap
> +                        elide: Text.ElideRight

This is the default wrap value; no need to explicitly set it

> ListItemBase.qml:317
> +            // Ports
> +            // By choice only shown when there are at least two available ports.
> +            if (PulseObject.ports && PulseObject.ports.length > 1) {

By choice -> Intentionally

> main.qml:317
>      Plasmoid.fullRepresentation: ColumnLayout {
> -        spacing: units.smallSpacing
> +        spacing: units.smallSpacing * 0.75
>          Layout.minimumHeight: main.Layout.minimumHeight

Revert this change

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet