D27182: [applets/taskmanager] Clean up Tooltip code

Tranter Madi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 6 14:59:24 GMT 2020

trmdi added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ToolTipInstance.qml:39
>
> -    spacing: units.smallSpacing
> -

Why do you remove all `spacing`? This increases lots of wasted space which is not good at least on small screens like 1366x768.

> ToolTipInstance.qml:79
> +        // This number controls the overall size of the window tooltips
> +        Layout.maximumWidth: units.gridUnit * 17
> +        Layout.minimumWidth: isWin ? Layout.maximumWidth : 0

Should we make the height `const` like this too? e.g. make it a golden rectangle?
F8088397: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8088397>

Otherwise, the size of the tooltip may be not consistent in all cases, e.g. a normal window vs a window which is available on all activities.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  clean-up-tooltip-code (branched from master)