D27182: [applets/taskmanager] Clean up Tooltip code

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 6 10:11:23 GMT 2020

ndavis added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in ToolTipInstance.qml:151
> Can we please get this fixed in `PlasmaComponents3` - this is being set all over the place, so clearly a bug in the component itself.

I suppose it depends on whether or not you think PC3 toolbuttons should reflect the look and size of Qt Widget toolbar buttons by default. Toolbar buttons in Qt widgets use 22px icons (equivalent to units.iconSizes.smallMedium).

> broulik wrote in ToolTipInstance.qml:151
> Can we please get this fixed in `PlasmaComponents3` - this is being set all over the place, so clearly a bug in the component itself.

Another thing to consider is that `window-close` mimics the look of the titlebar close button with the margins of a normal breeze-icons monochrome icon, but the titlebar close button with the circle is larger than the other symbols until you hover over them. This leads to units.iconSizes.smallMedium being used for close buttons in some cases while other icons use units.iconSizes.small to get the same proportions. Should the margins be removed from `window-close` so that we can use the same icon size in the code everywhere to get the same kind of proportions?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  clean-up-tooltip-code (branched from master)