Integration of layer-shell in plasma

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Fri Aug 28 07:13:34 BST 2020

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 07:47:52PM +0200, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 4:20 PM Vlad Zahorodnii <vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org> wrote:
> I guess one way is by levarging QT_WAYLAND_SHELL_INTEGRATION plugin
> system, like maliit does. I don't know how this could be done
> per-window instead of per-process.
>
> The shell integration plugin could be implemented in Qt together with
> xdg-shell and ivi (see qtwayland/src/plugins/shellintegration).

FTR: There's already out-of-tree installation of qtwayland shell
integration plugin from Drew : https://github.com/ddevault/qtlayershell/

I am not sure how much active it is but it is definitely worth trying
out. Drew had worked on it during one of Plasma Sprint in Berlin:

https://drewdevault.com/2018/04/28/KDE-Sprint-retrospective.html

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in