KSysguard - CGroup functionality breakage

Arjen Hiemstra ahiemstra at heimr.nl
Wed Aug 19 13:09:28 BST 2020

On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 12:29:21 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently functionality was introduced to KSysguard to allow it to
> interact with Linux CGroups.
>
> Unfortunately when this change was made the code in question used
> classes/functionality that was introduced in Qt 5.15. This has had the
> effect of breaking the CI system as can be observed in the following
> Dependency Builds:
>
> https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/Dependency%20Build%20Extragear%
> 20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.14/32/console
>
> Could someone please take a look?

It was decided a while ago that Plasma 5.20 is going to depend on Qt 5.15. See
also https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2020-July/117989.html .
libksysguard isn't the first one to use Qt 5.15 only features, but I suppose it
is the first one that other things depend upon.

I don't really know what the policy is here, so I made https://invent.kde.org/
plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/61 to restore 5.14 support, since I can
imagine updating all the extragear things to Qt 5.15 right now isn't ideal.

- Arjen