D28333: Add a new daemon for stats monitoring

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 24 12:09:08 BST 2020

davidedmundson marked an inline comment as done.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in ksysguarddaemon.cpp:58
> needs to be always polling every half a second? could it be somewhat adjustable (maybe depending on ac/on battery?)

Indeed, the current code is every 2s. I ramped it up to expose any issues.

I would quite like it to be somewhat container specific.
i.e disk storage doesn't change much, CPU is more volatile.

I'll change it, and then maybe we can revisit this topic once some more things are ported.

> ahiemstra wrote in SensorContainer.cpp:64
> Uh, so shouldn't we fix this?

Seems like a plan :)

> ahiemstra wrote in SensorContainer.h:56
> Maybe move this to private with `friend class SensorObject`? Though I don't really see why this is internal only. Also probably should rename it to `addObject`?

It was just to explicitly enforce the memory management combined with the tree management.

I'll go with private, then we can change if we find we need to

> mart wrote in ksgrdiface.cpp:378
> maybe mapping on a config file?

Plan (with some pending code) is to just move these in natively into a more readable plugin

REPOSITORY
  R106 KSysguard