D29130: [Applet] Show in system tray iff at least one vault is open

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 16:04:57 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  Yeah. Thinking about it more, your proposal makes some sense because people like you can currently not get what you want at all, while if we integrate this change, people like me can just change the visibility setting to "Always visible". So I'm leaning in the direction of approving.

  However if we really want to overthink things, we could go deeper and add more visibility states to satisfy everyone. We could have the following five states for visibility:

  1. Disabled
  2. Always hidden in pop-up
  3. Shown when there are any devices/services (as appropriate for the applet) configured
  4. Shown when in use
  5. Always shown

  #3 would only be visible for applets which can have devices/services/etc added and configured: Bluetooth, KDE, Printers, Vaults Connect

  Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault