D29130: [Applet] Show in system tray iff at least one vault is open

Konstantinos Smanis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 15:43:33 BST 2020

ksmanis added a comment.

  Accurate analysis. If I might add, as an infrequent user of Plasma Vaults, I am stuck between an (almost) always visible applet (whether I select "Always shown" or "Shown when relevant") and an always hidden applet. A "currently active" relevance would cater for both frequent and infrequent users, with the drawback that frequent users would have to select "Always shown". I'm not particularly ecstatic about the Bluetooth applet taking up unnecessary space 95% of the time, either.

  Imho, in KDE's configurable spirit, I would prefer it if systray relevance was configurable, but to my knowledge no plasmoid provides such an option; the creator is always in charge of making this decision with potential inconsistent results, as mentioned.

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault