D29064: Support module commandline paramenter

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 09:47:10 BST 2020

mart added a comment.

  In D29064#654956 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29064#654956>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Foor fod thought: we might want to also think about some of the consequences of removing kcmshell; we could need to add programmatic cross-KCM navigation into system settings itself. For example, in D29080 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29080>, I'm calling kcmshell from inside a KCM to pop-up the KScreen KCM on top of the fonts KCM.

  i guess it doesn't have to be removed completely (kcmshell itself is so little code that isn't really a big maintainance overhead) one thing that could be done probably is just changing krunner to launch systemsettings instead and leaving the rest unchanged.

  the *really* annoying thing is that every single kcm has a line like

    Exec=kcmshell5 kcm_lookandfeel

  in its desktop file. Which would call something along the lines of what we did for kinfocenter, to still have kcmshell5 as a symlink, but in this case i don't think it would cover all cases?

  Without kcmshell, that won't work as currently implemented, and it would need to navigate you to the KScreen KCM in the same systemsettings instance.

  > Also a new way to get the information from `kcmshell5 --list` would be nice.

  systemsettings5 --list works ;)

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

BRANCH