D29064: Support module commandline paramenter

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 22 17:58:44 BST 2020

ngraham accepted this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Works great, and I fully support the overall goal of getting rid of kcmshell. Doing so will fix a ton of bugs (all the systemsettings | kcmshell bugs as well as all the bug reports about weird sizing in standalone KCMs, plus a bunch more about inconsistent behavior of KCMs in systemsettings vs kcmshell)

  Foor fod thought: we might want to also think about some of the consequences of removing kcmshell; we could need to add programmatic cross-KCM navigation into system settings itself. For example, in D29080 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29080>, I'm calling kcmshell from inside a KCM to pop-up the KScreen KCM on top of the fonts KCM. Without kcmshell, that won't work as currently implemented, and it would need to navigate you to the KScreen KCM in the same systemsettings instance.

  Also a new way to get the information from `kcmshell5 --list` would be nice.

  Material for follow-up patches, I suppose.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

BRANCH
  phab/startupModule