D28873: Add SwipeNavigator component

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 20 23:03:10 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D28873#653148 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28873#653148>, @cblack wrote:

  > IMO, the affordances of a traditional tab style hint at tabs being editable. This is fairly established: Chrome uses the traditional tab style for its user-manipulatable tabs, while using a different style for non-manipulatable tabs. Firefox does the same, as well as Falkon. elementary on a platform level uses traditional tabs for manipulatable tabs and a different style for static tabs. macOS does the same thing. Using editable-style tabs when the tabs are non-editable is a misleading affordance, hence why this patch doesn't use them.

  I feel like this needs discussion rather than being presented as a truism. We use tabbed views for non-editable views all over the place throughout KDE software and to be honest I don't see a problem with it. If we're going to declare this to be a bad thing and move towards changing it, we need to first start that discussion, agree on it, and agree on a solution.

  Would you like to open the Phab patch for this?

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami