D28627: WIP: Made panel opaque on maximized window

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 7 21:57:49 BST 2020

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  Ok, so the logic is - the goal is to blend in. If you're not showing the desktop, you can't blend in to it. I can at least understand the thought process.

  ---

  Code wise, this needs a lot of work.

  You're rendering a transparent panel. we're still even blurring the background very expensively. And then we're drawing something on top. That's very wasteful.
  We're also mixing up shadows from one SVG with the output of another.

  Also our isMaximised detection is horrific.

  -------

  We also need to think about how this plays in with other themes. You can't assume everyone uses Breeze.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Panel.qml:59
> +        onActiveTaskChanged: {
> +            visibleWindowsModel.sourceModel = tasksModel

why

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop