D24110: Enable removing multiple devices at once

Daniels Umanovskis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 20 17:05:36 BST 2019

umanovskis added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in devices.cpp:235
> Need to override the button titles so they say "Remove" and "Cancel". "Yes" and "No" are never acceptable dialog button text.
>
> Also, are you sure this needs a confirmation dialog at all? These are usually seen by the user as very annoying. If you feel like there should be more safety here, consider adding an Undo feature instead, and exposing it with a KMessageWidget/Kirigami.InlineMessage with an Undo button that appears somewhere in the UI after the items are removed.

This is my first time touching any Qt or KDE code so I apologize if my questions seem obvious.

I assume that the confirmation dialog, or undo feature, should act in the same way for removing one and multiple devices. Would I then modify the old function on the same commit here, or a different one?

How would I go about adding Undo? I don't see anything like an existing command stack - would converting the remove command to a QAction be the way, or is there some other convention?

REPOSITORY
  R97 Bluedevil