D5961: PoC: Generic adoption of KUserFeedback for Discover

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 14:32:33 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  After opening the KCM for the first time, the checkbox is checked. I thought we were going to make this opt-in? If so, it needs to be **unchecked** by default.

  For the message, I would phrase it like this:

  > We make Plasma for you. You can help us improve it by contributing information on how you use it. This allows us to focus on things that matter to you.
  >
  > Contributing usage information is optional and entirely anonymous. It will not associate the data with any kind of unique identifier, and will never track the documents you open, the websites you visit, or any other kind of personal information.
  >
  > When we say, "anonymous", we mean it! For more information, see https://kde.org/privacypolicy-apps.php

  In terms of the UI, I would lay it out like this:

    <introductory block of text>

        Feedback: [] Automatically send usage information
    What to send: [ combobox with options ]

    <Label describing exactly what will be sent, according to the selected item in the combo box>

  (Finally, remove "No statistics" from the combobox because this is redundant with the checkbox; it doesn't make sense to turn on telemetry but send nothing)

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store