D24011: Provide a telemetrics kcm module for Plasma

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 17 13:16:38 BST 2019

apol marked an inline comment as done.
apol added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in feedback.cpp:16
> Is including kdeglobals here deliberate?
>
> KUserFeedback won't read it..but maybe it makes sense?

This setting needs to be read by every Plasma component, these can check through kconfig.
See D5961 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D5961>.

> davidedmundson wrote in feedback.cpp:22
> Did I write that line? I genuinely can't remember :/
>
> In any case, this should work for having a syadmin force disable telemetrics by kiosk which I thought was the most likely case.
>
> It doesn't cover the sysadmin force enabling it - but that probably isn't too useful if we don't have a configurable server anyway

Yes, you did.
I also wondered about that, I agree we should respect KUserfeedback's default. Maybe it's something we can delegate onto KUserfeedback somehow.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace