D24846: Port kcm icons to kconfigxt

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 25 13:52:57 BST 2019

ervin requested changes to this revision.
ervin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in main.cpp:141
> Does this `KIconTheme` instance need caching? I recall creating those parses a tonne of files and directories and is quite slow

Agreed, it'll hit the disk quite a bit, this might be a problem in a function which takes part in bindings (more than one which will change around the same time).

> main.cpp:176
> +{
> +       return m_model->selectedTheme() != KIconTheme::current();
> +}

Indentation looks wrong here.

> bport wrote in IconSizePopup.qml:47-53
> I wiil look if I can simplify that

I like the intent of trying to have names instead of just indices everywhere... but that might not be feasible without extra complexity we'll want to avoid indeed.

I think the more fundamental problem is that the settings are based on those names, while the invokables (most notably availableIconSizes) are based on indices. Probably something to address, like have names everywhere and just a function to map from index to name in the iconTypeList.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop