D24503: Integrate the normal keyboard layout switcher

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 23 15:58:47 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > I'd say so. We can do it when we deprecate the SNI though, unless you really want it now. I've never done it so I'll have to research how it's done.

  I don't want it to get forgotten and us to do work in a rush when the release comes along.

  ---

  As for the other IM work, that was the state when I originally wanted to port this layout item (T5331 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T5331>) 2.5 years ago. Doing everything all at once isn't an approach that seems to be working.
  Having the kimpanel on by default and dropping the SNI from the kded/kwin seems like it's a step that would be needed anyway, so this is work towards that end goal even if this specific plasmoid does end up getting replaced.

  From my POV, ship it.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop