D24734: [KCM] remove the page indicator dots

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 17 16:31:13 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  I guess we actually have three ways to switch the settings view:

  - Click on screen in the visualization (currently broken for some use cases)
  - Use the combobox
  - Click on one of the page indicator dots

  Of these three, I think the dots are by far the least user-friendly. They're tiny click targets, don't look like interactive UI elements, and are information-poor. In the days since Plasma 5.17's release, we've already gotten multiple complaints about the dots. If we need to remove any of these three methods of switching views later, my preference would be to remove the dots, not the combobox.

  #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> feedback may be useful here.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen