D24321: [KCM] Scale more coarsely with the slider, but more finely with a spinbox

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 2 15:55:33 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D24321#540871 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24321#540871>, @cullmann wrote:

  > Hmm, could we perhaps adjust the minimal step to 0,0625.
  >  That is 1/16 and with that, I never get any artifacts with KWrite in current master, as it nicely sums up.
  >  Then you don't need to round at all for output.

  We can think about that in a separate patch. But in general I'm against putting much work in the X11 case. Also I believe the issue should be dealt with in Qt X11 scaling implementation instead of trying to fix it downstream through involved workarounds. The current design by Nate I like in particular because it solves the issue I had with the 0.1 steps slider of being too fine grained to control nicely. That's the main reason for me supporting the change not so much that it circumvents Qt scaling issues on X11.

  Having 0.25 steps only on X11 by default is good enough for my liking.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen