D24011: Provide a telemetrics kcm module for Plasma

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 2 14:27:44 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  I would remove the big text block from the form layout, since this makes it look off-center. Also it needs a bigger margin below it. See also the following inline comments:

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.qml:68
> +                modeOptions.append({text: i18n("Detailed System Information"), value: UserFeedback.Provider.DetailedSystemInformation})
> +                modeOptions.append({text: i18n("Detailed Usage Information"), value: UserFeedback.Provider.DetailedUsageStatistics})
> +

These strings still need to be re-worded, and possibly collapsed, and possible the whole UI needs to be re-thought. What if I want to submit detailed system information but only basic usage information? Maybe we need two combo boxes, one for system info and one for usage info.

> main.qml:89
> +
> +        QQC2.Label {
> +            Layout.maximumWidth: root.width * 0.5

This label never shows up for me, no matter which entry is selected in the combo box.

#1 isn't done yet (it still talks about Plasma, not KDE software more generally)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace