D25418: [Folder view] Use selected text color for selected items in full representation

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 20 22:41:52 GMT 2019

ndavis accepted this revision.
ndavis added a comment.

  In D25418#565427 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25418#565427>, @ngraham wrote:

  > That was my first reaction in the bug report as well (see the discussion there). But try clicking on that file, not just highlighting it. :)

  I see. It seems like it's stuck halfway between looking like Kickoff and behaving like Dolphin. F7774899: Screenshot_20191120_170350.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7774899>

  If you make the text use the highlighted text color, we might have to undo that later on with the Breeze theme evolution. I'm not yet sure what the best way to differentiate selected list items and a hovered list items is.

  I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do this change now just to fix the bug though.

INLINE COMMENTS

> FolderItemDelegate.qml:354
> +                    color: frameLoader.textShadow && frameLoader.textShadow.visible
> +                        ? "#fff" : (model.selected ? PlasmaCore.ColorScope.highlightedTextColor : PlasmaCore.ColorScope.textColor)

Is there not a better way to make nested if statements in QML?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  fix-folderview-selected-text (branched from Plasma/5.17)