D25351: [Style KCM] Change name to KDE/Qt Application Style

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 17 14:49:24 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D25351#563619 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25351#563619>, @broulik wrote:

  > Do we really want the user having to be aware there's something like different toolkits? Not a fan of this change.

  We are already surfacing this distinction by having a KCM called "GNOME/GTK Application style," begging the question of what the more general "Application Style" KCM controls, since its title is not as specific. This patch remedies that issue.

  I agree that we should avoid exposing these kinds of technical details as much as possible. I think the only way to satisfactorily do that is to remove the GTK KCM entirely, and then the remaining KCM can keep its current name ("Application Style"). I'm in favor of that, but we're not there yet.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master