D25351: [Style KCM] Change name to KDE/Qt Application Style

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 17 10:37:50 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D25351#563617 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25351#563617>, @davidre wrote:

  > Why KDE/Qt Application style? Every Qt Application will have that style and not only KDE Applications. I also fear that somehow this will strengthen the false idea of some users that Applications and Plasma are intertwined. ("Because there is a settings category for 'KDE Applications' inside system settings")

  Fair point, I was just making it match the naming scheme of the GNOME/GTK Application Style KCM. Would you prefer if it was just Qt and just GTK?

  In D25351#563619 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25351#563619>, @broulik wrote:

  > Do we really want the user having to be aware there's something like different toolkits? Not a fan of this change.

  I understand where you're coming from, but they will be if they try to use custom themes (the point of this KCM), no matter what. We can't force GTK to use Qt themes and we can't guarantee that there will always be a GTK theme that matches the selected Qt theme or vice versa.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master