Clang Format Update

Roman Gilg subdiff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 18:43:30 GMT 2019

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:24 PM David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for testing and providing the feedback.
>
> What's extremely frustrating is that many of these issues were
> absolutely fine with the version of clang-format that we were
> intending to use for plasma, then due to  timing a different competing
> clang-format file was merged into frameworks, and the result is more
> diverged than I anticipated.
>
> Obviously committing the result across plasma is now on pause.
> I hope these things can be resolved.

This should then get relayed back to frameworks asap and before the
sprint next week so we can discuss the problems beforehand and then
find a solution there. Until now the current clang-format hasn't been
yet applied to many projects.

I had my doubts about the 240 chars limit previously [1] but since I
was the only one complaining I didn't make a fuss about it. But the
length limit seems not to be the only problem. With the other
clang-format version there really weren't any problems?

[1] https://phabricator.kde.org/D24826#551286