D24122: [GTK3] Generate Breeze Light assets

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 12 23:06:14 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Conceptually it seems like there are two ways to go:

  - Have a single Breeze theme that always follows the color scheme
  - Expose the ability to force the use of a particular color scheme via some UI (for example adding "Breeze Dark" and "Breeze Light" themes that always use the colors of the color schemes of the same names).

  But I think it will be terribly confusing if we add themes that *only* hardcode the colors of certain elements like checkboxes and windeco buttons. It should be all or nothing IMO.

  One alternative UI for this that I've been tinkering with in my mind is as follows:
   We have only a single "Breeze" GTK theme which follows the color scheme by default. Then there's a "Configure" button that lets you tell the theme which color scheme to use, with the list populated with all the installed color schemes, and defaulting to "Use system color scheme".

REPOSITORY
  R98 Breeze for Gtk