D24068: docs: add contributing guide

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 5 13:58:29 GMT 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D24068#558809 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24068#558809>, @mart wrote:

  > Overall most of those are sensible policies (and would really make sense globally in plasma, rather than a specific subproject)
  >  I feel the Conventional Commit policy to rise the barrier of entry a tad too much tough (and not sure i would really want it in the resto of plasma)

  My plan is for new contributors to just edit their Phabricator revision title myself such that the conventional commit policy is respected in this regard. In general I tried to stay as close as possible to the conventional commit policy just so we can talk to them in the future without being a fork. Also I think it's easier to relax conditions later on than to introduce stricter ones.

  > i think something along those lines would really make sense  globally in plasma, having different sub projects having different policies i feel it may be confusing to the new contributor... tough, your call, just a personal feeling :)

  Sue, we should avoid different policies. KScreen/libkscreen are kind of isolated on what they do so I think we can go ahead try the policy and either scrap it later if it's not working well or discuss after analyzing the usefulness in KScreen/libkscreen in which form we want to expand its usage.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen