D25043: [ResultDelegate] Use theme.disabledColor

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 2 19:05:23 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  Ping.

  I don't think worsening text legibilty with some themes is a good feature for an LTS release.

  If this is going to get applied everywhere the effect will be magnified.

  Before (Arc Color theme and Breeze color scheme):
  F7720624: Screenshot_20191102_194243.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7720624>

  After (Arc Color theme and Breeze color scheme):
  F7720626: Screenshot_20191102_193934.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7720626>

  Before (McMojave theme):
  F7720659: Screenshot_20191102_194140.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7720659>

  After (McMojave theme):
  F7720662: Screenshot_20191102_194037.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7720662>

  I think what the screenshots actually show is this approach struggles a lot with filled-style highlight effects.

  I have a simple proposal: replace the `opacity: isCurrent? 0.8 : 0.6` hack with a color hack that would tint `disabledTextColor` with `textColor` if `isCurrent` is true.

REPOSITORY
  R112 Milou