D21510: Filter KNewStuff Plasma Themes by Download Tag

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 31 11:18:06 BST 2019

leinir created this revision.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
leinir requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Following a lengthy discussion on the topic[1], the first step
  towards getting themes cleaned up and hidden when they don't
  work is to get the ones hidden which are only for Plasma 4.
  We do this by filtering out any theme which is tagged as
  being for the major version 4 of plasma. We also allow themes
  through which have been tested to work on both, by accepting
  themes which are tagged as both 4 and 5.

  [1] https://phabricator.kde.org/T8126#184198 and down a few pages

TEST PLAN
  See themes tagged as plasma##majorversion=4 being hidden, except when they
  are also tagged as plasma##majorversion=5. This can most easily be done
  by launching the plasma theme dialog and opening Get New Themes from there
  and turning on debugging for KNewStuff(Core) like so:

  `QT_LOGGING_RULES="org.kde.knewstuff*=true" kcmshell5 kcm_desktoptheme`

  and then watching the output, and seeing that content is being rejected
  by the InequalityFilter for plasma##majorversion when appropriate.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  filter-themes-by-download-tags (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/desktoptheme/plasma-themes.knsrc