D13095: Scren brightness follow a quatratic progression

Kevin Slagle noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 21 06:38:12 BST 2019

kjslag added a comment.

  I like the idea of this patch. I just reassigned my brightness hotkeys to a small script that does almost exactly what this patch does before I discovered this patch.

  In order to deal with Nate's problem, perhaps instead of starting with brightness=0, we could just start with the next increment of brightness, which happens to be 2 for Nate. Nate's situation would be similar to before the patch was applied: only the lowest brightness setting turns off his screen. So there wouldn't be a regression for Nate.

  On my laptop, brightness=0 turns the screen off and brightness 1 through 46 correspond to the minimum brightness, and max_brightness=24242. My proposal would also be better for me since then my screen wouldn't turn off with the minimum brightness.

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil