D20186: [libinput-touchpad-kcm] Use wayland specific touchpad KCM UI when libinput is used on X11

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 13 21:18:23 BST 2019

romangg accepted this revision.
romangg added a comment.

  I tested it now. I think it's working robustly and should still go in the upcoming release. We have the beta phase to further test then.

  For the next release some pointers where still work could be done:

  - Touchpads do never feature acceleration profiles I believe. Just never show the all the time disabled controls. Same holds for scroll button. The respective backend interfaces can then be cleaned out as well.
  - There is some weirdness going on if no touchpad is connected and one opens the touchpad KCM. Normally all controls should be greyed out. But at least on Wayland they are not but instead some of them are not shown.

  But for now let's celebrate finally shipping a fitting libinput KCM on X as well! Great job Atul! Thank you for your hard work and for being patient in the review process.

INLINE COMMENTS

> libinputcommon.h:2
>  /*
> - * Copyright 2017 Roman Gilg <subdiff at gmail.com>
> + * Copyright 2019 Atul Bisht <atulbisht26 at gmail.com>
>   *

Most of the code in this file was written by me and is now copy-pasted. Please keep in my copyright and add your own above/below.

> libinputcommon.h:54
>      // general
> -    Q_PROPERTY(QString name READ name CONSTANT)
> -    Q_PROPERTY(bool supportsDisableEvents READ supportsDisableEvents CONSTANT)
> -    Q_PROPERTY(bool enabled READ isEnabled WRITE setEnabled NOTIFY enabledChanged)
> +    Q_PROPERTY(QString name READ name CONSTANT)//
> +    Q_PROPERTY(bool supportsDisableEvents READ supportsDisableEvents CONSTANT)//

rm these comment markers

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH