D21027: [Notes] Fix icons being almost invisible with light backgrounds

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 11 17:43:38 BST 2019

filipf added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in main.qml:258
> Not too happy of using desktop buttons here instead of plasma components but custom color stuff doesn't work in Plasma.
> However, given it's a tool button and this solves a genuine usability problem I think this is fine.
>
> Can you make the button follow the size of a normal Plasma `ToolButton` or the `units.iconSizes` or something at least? They are a bit tiny here because they rely on Qt scaling which Plasma doesn't do

I see what you mean, they really are tiny. The problem is the button itself can be made bigger, but the icons remain the same. I tried to set `icon.width `and `icon.height` but it doesn't do anything.

I then tried patching the PC3 `ToolButton` and it was only a matter of replacing the `PlasmaCore.IconItem` with `Kirigami.Icon` and adding `color: control.icon.color`. Then we get a working `icon.color` property in PC3, although since it picks up on the Plasma this might happen:

F6819188: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6819188>

Thoughts on how to proceed?

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

BRANCH
  background-appropriate-icon-colors (branched from master)