D20930: Update WireGuard to match NetworkManager 1.16 interface

Bruce Anderson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 9 06:28:05 BST 2019

andersonbruce added a comment.

  In D20930#462775 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20930#462775>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D20930#462774 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20930#462774>, @andersonbruce wrote:
  >
  > > Personally I like the Add and Remove buttons to be together where they were, and to simply change the wording to "Add New Peer" and "Remove This Peer". I think this still makes it clear that the peer in the tab currently being displayed in the dialog is the one that will be removed
  >

  > All right, let's do that, then!

  I'll update to this.

  >> I haven't set up a large multi-user server but I imagine one could contain dozens if not hundreds of peers.
  >
  > Hmm, if that's the case, then a tabbed UI may not actually be optimal. A list view, with a list of peers on the left side, a search above the list, and the peer information on the right, would be better if there may be enough peers to make access via tab view awkward. If so, I apologize for leading you down a bad path out of ignorance of the underlying technology. What do you think?

  I attempted to make a list view awhile ago and because of the length of some of the fields (in particular the key fields which are each 44 characters long) I couldn't come up with anything that looked decent. I think the tabbed interface will be fine in the vast majority of cases, especially in a desktop environment where typically there will only be one peer. Considering that the previous version only allowed one peer to be specified, this is a big improvement so I think at least for now and probably the foreseeable future, the tabbed interface is the way to go.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet