D20265: Introduce libnotificationmanager

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 5 11:29:48 BST 2019

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in jobsmodel_p.cpp:358
> you're not filtering the jobs based on the desktopEntry
>
> every app gets notified about anyones percentage?

Good catch, forgot a check for `desktopEntry` there

> hein wrote in notificationgroupingproxymodel.cpp:38
> Careful there - these will match when both are empty, which is why the libtm version tests for that. Are you sure this data cannot ever be missing?

I'm pretty sure it can never be empty as if all else fails I use the binary name of the process that sent the notification dbus message (which might fail after all?), I'll add a check nonetheless.

> hein wrote in notifications.cpp:828
> While this isn't an objection, I usually use QMetaEnum to compute this from the enum instead of having a block of stuff that needs to be synced.

There's a gazillion places that need to be synced when we add something:

- add enum in header
- add new field to struct that holds the actual data
- let `data()` return the new role

as well as actually forwarding it in a bunch of places in QML, so I don't think automating this particular part really reduces the workload for that. I can give it a shot, though.

> hein wrote in notifications.h:211
> I recommend making this Q_ENUM and registering it; with libtm it turned out that it's useful to be able to call data() with a role from QML sometimes.

I did exactly that in a later commit that isn't on Phab, sorry :)

> hein wrote in notifications.h:217
> This is a bit unusual, I assume it's because you're flattening back out so you don't want rowCount/canFetchMore?

I guess. I use it for showing an expand button with "show n more" written on it

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace