D21027: [Notes] Fix icons being almost invisible with light backgrounds

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 5 08:35:35 BST 2019

filipf added a subscriber: broulik.
filipf added a comment.

  I get what you're saying but that's just how the applet is designed. It's preconfigured SVG backgrounds (you can find them in `/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/widgets/notes.svgz`). I'm not really introducing any hardcoding that isn't already there. See the hardcoding of text color:

    style: PlasmaStyle.TextAreaStyle {
        //this is deliberately _NOT_ the theme color as we are over a known bright background
        //an unknown colour over a known colour is a bad move as you end up with white on yellow
        textColor: (plasmoid.configuration.color === "black" || plasmoid.configuration.color === "translucent-light") ? "#dfdfdf" : "#202020"
    }

  So one thing is if we'd want to rewrite the whole thing to be a rectangle and then you could select a huge amount of colors as the background I guess, as well as have a spinbox for opacity. Also tagging @broulik as he might know better why it's not like that in the first place.

  The other thing about components is that Plasma Components doesn't support `icon.color`. I'd have kept using it, but PC2 spews out an error, while with PC3 it didn't complain but didn't work anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons