D21027: [Notes] Fix icons being almost invisible with light backgrounds

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 5 06:07:20 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  I don't like hardcoding the things we're comparing against. If we ever add more colors besides "black" or "translucent-light", or of the actual color values of those change (unlikely, but possible), all these buttons will need their code to be adjusted and that'll be easy to forget. I feel like we should be programmatically sampling the background color itself.

  Also, if you're ever tempted to duplicate the same logic several times, that's a sure sign it should be in a function. Then each button can just call that function.

  Finally porting from PlasmaComponents to QQC2 seems unrelated (or at least the relationship isn't clear from the description). Maybe we should first do that separately.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons