D19873: [image-wallpaper] Fix horizontal alignment of the "Positioning:" row

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 19 14:54:06 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D19873#434426 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19873#434426>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D19873#434232 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19873#434232>, @filipf wrote:
  >
  > > This is just theoretical, but what are the obstacles with adding this whole row to the actual FormLayout file and just setting `visible: when_image_wallpaper_is_used` ?
  >

  > Because the wallpaper chooser is plugin-based, and the image wallpaper is just one plugin out of many. In principle a wallpaper plugin could have whatever UI it wants, and its configuration UI has to live in a different place. It's **just a visual trick** that they look integrated together in the page.

  It seems like we're doing too many tricks. We even have to vertically align the label with the combobox because we're using a Row instead of RowLayout. In this file, why not just do:

    Kirigami.FormLayout {
       width: MainFormLayout.width // grab geometry from ConfigurationContainmentAppearance.qml so that this form layout thinks it's working with the same elements as the main one

       Combobox {
          Kirigami.FormData.label: ("Positioning:")
       }
     }

  This would make the code much cleaner, I just have to figure out how trick the image wallpaper's FormLayout into thinking its form is as wide as the main one's.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace