D19837: Add support for applications in KNSBackend

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 18 09:19:09 GMT 2019

leinir added a comment.

  In D19837#433343 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19837#433343>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Can you edit the test plan to indicate the name of an app from the store that now appears in Discover's Applications section? A quick test of this patch didn't reveal ExeQt or Treeline in Discover, which are visible on http://opendesktop.org.

  Applications will show up if a knsrc which provides them (specifically storekdeapps.knsrc) is installed... I did in fact ponder whether it would make sense for us to ship said knsrc file with Discover, but also am unsure if that is the right place for it...

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in KNSBackend.cpp:125
> Is this intentional? Don't we want to initialize it right after creating it?

It is intentional, and ensures that just on the wild offchance we get any error signals during that initialisation are caught. It would be sufficient to put this after the signalErrorCode connect statement, but it just seems reasonable and pleasant to have those connect statements together :)

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store