D19838: [powerdevil] Touch up messages/prompts

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 17 21:19:55 GMT 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Mostly good, just a new nitpicks and suggestions:

INLINE COMMENTS

> powerdevilcore.cpp:256
>      QString activity = m_activityConsumer->currentActivity();
> -    qCDebug(POWERDEVIL) << "We are now into activity " << activity;
> +    qCDebug(POWERDEVIL) << "We are now in activity " << activity; // into? direction?
>      KConfigGroup activitiesConfig(m_profilesConfig, "Activities");

I'd say "using activity <whatever>"

> powerdevilcore.cpp:330
> +        emitNotification(QStringLiteral("powerdevilerror"), i18n("Profile \"%1\" has been selected, "
> +                         "but the profile does not exist.\nPlease check your PowerDevil configuration.",
>                           profileId));

Remove "the profile"

> powerdevilcore.cpp:367
>                                  << actionName << "a non-existent action. This is usually due to an installation problem,"
> -                                " or to a configuration problem, or simply the action is not supported";
> +                                " a configuration problem, or the action is not supported";
>              }

"or the action is not supported" -> "or the action not being supported"

> powerdevilcore.cpp:541
>                  msg = i18nc("Placeholder is device name",
> -                            "The battery in your mouse (\"%1\") is low, and the device may turn itself off at any time. "
> -                            "Please replace or charge the battery as soon as possible.", name);
> +                            "The battery in (\"%1\") is running low, and the device may turn off at any time. "
> +                            "Please recharge or replace the battery.", name);

Are we 100% sure that `name` will always be a good enough string that the user will recognize it as their mouse? (not a rhetorical question, I really am wondering :) )

Same for other instances below too.

> powerdevilcore.cpp:607
>      case PowerDevil::BundledActions::SuspendSession::ToDiskMode:
> -        m_criticalBatteryNotification->setText(i18n("Your battery level is critical, the computer will be hibernated in 60 seconds."));
> +        m_criticalBatteryNotification->setText(i18n("Battery level critical. Your computer will go into hibernation mode in 60 seconds."));
>          m_criticalBatteryNotification->setActions(actions);

"go into" -> "enter" ?

> powerdevilcore.cpp:612
>      case PowerDevil::BundledActions::SuspendSession::ToRamMode:
> -        m_criticalBatteryNotification->setText(i18n("Your battery level is critical, the computer will be suspended in 60 seconds."));
> +        m_criticalBatteryNotification->setText(i18n("Battery level critical. Your computer will go to sleep in 60 seconds.")); // go into sleep mode?
>          m_criticalBatteryNotification->setActions(actions);

"go to sleep" is just fine here

> powerdevilcore.cpp:643
>          } else {
> -            emitRichNotification(QStringLiteral("pluggedin"), i18n("Running on AC power"), i18n("The power adaptor has been plugged in."));
> +            emitRichNotification(QStringLiteral("pluggedin"), i18n("Running on AC power"), i18n("The power adapter has been plugged in.")); //uniform spelling throughout (either -er or -or, not both)
>          }

Not sure this comment is really necessary :)

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil