Upgrading Widgets from plasma-workspace

Pavel mars at altlinux.org
Wed Mar 13 14:41:02 GMT 2019

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

> I tried to fix this once but unfortunately the systemactivity
> dataengine uses ksysguard which then probes kernel interfaces directly
> through some C code. It doesn't use Solid, where filtering out those
> interfaces would be easy. I'm not knowledgable enough in that codebase
> to comment on how that could be achieved there.

I'm working on a temporary solution to the problem - I implement
filtering by device name (sd*, sr*, vd*,..). This should work until
another solution is found.

> I guess the sources is stored as a StringList and the widget assumes
> that when the list is empty, it uses the default set of all sources.
> Perhaps you can store a pseudo "EMPTY!" entry in the list to denote
> nothing is checked. However, I don't see why you would want to place a
> widget that then does not show anything?

Sometimes the user may try to disable the last checkbox and all
checkboxes will turn on immediately in the settings.
It may be inconvenient for users to uncheck a large number of checkboxes.

There are two possible solutions:
1) Not allow to uncheck the last checkbox. There will always be at least
one graph.
2) Allow to uncheck the last checkbox. In this case, the widget will be
empty.

Now I have implemented the first option - I have forbidden to disable
the last enabled checkbox.

--
Best regards, Pavel Moseev

mars at basealt.ru