Upgrading Widgets from plasma-workspace

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Wed Mar 13 09:07:04 GMT 2019

Hi Pavel,

first of all thanks for your efforts!

>    - It is necessary to make the widget display only real disk devices
> (not virtual, not loop or ram) by default.

I tried to fix this once but unfortunately the systemactivity dataengine
uses ksysguard which then probes kernel interfaces directly through some
C code. It doesn't use Solid, where filtering out those interfaces would
be easy. I'm not knowledgable enough in that codebase to comment on how
that could be achieved there.
>    - I need to make sure that after disabling all settings the widget is
> empty.

I guess the sources is stored as a StringList and the widget assumes
that when the list is empty, it uses the default set of all sources.
Perhaps you can store a pseudo "EMPTY!" entry in the list to denote
nothing is checked. However, I don't see why you would want to place a
widget that then does not show anything?

Cheers
Kai Uwe