D19560: [Desktop Sessions KCM] Add Reboot to BIOS/UEFI checkbox

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 6 10:46:18 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This sets a logind flag that tells the system to boot into the BIOS/UEFI setup screen on next boot.
  It can be quite a challenge to enter the setup screen on boot these days as with quick boot and what not the timeframe for the keypress is often quite narrow.

TEST PLAN
  - Checked checkbox, entered my password, rebooted, ended up in UEFI screen
  - When opening the checkbox reflects the state of the flag (e.g. checking, closing, opening will keep the checkbox checked so you can unset the flag again)
  - Unchecked checkbox, entered my password, flag was unset
  - Checkbox is only shown if supported
  - Checks for UEFI and shows "UEFI" instead of generic "Firmware" labels, not sure if that stuff actually works when you didn't set up your machine as UEFI boot

  I originally considered adding a dropdown to logout screen or some context menu action in the app launcher but since this is quite a niche task to do it's fine to have it in systemsettings somewhere imho.

  Checkbox with tooltip
  F6662353: Screenshot_20190306_114421.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6662353>
  After typing the password when having checked it
  F6662355: Screenshot_20190306_114434.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6662355>

  Suggestions on wording welcome

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop