D19392: shannon entropy to guess monochrome icon

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 09:44:48 GMT 2019

mart added a comment.

  In D19392#424581 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19392#424581>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > so, for gtk4/qt6, the base qiconengine included in qt should support whatever coloring is used, in which case i wouldn't need to do anything on my part.. tough that's for Qt6.
  >
  > It won't magically happen on it's own.
  >  I've emailed the XDG mailing list.

  added some notes on the thread.
  on Qt side the things that would need to be done i think is implementing the coloring stuff in the qiconloader plugin that lives in qtsvg, and (for the method that gnome uses) adding support for the !important keyword in qtsvg css parsing.

  also note, the way we color icons is the same we color any plasma svg theme element (for which indeed a full palette is needed) so we would end up with different ways between icons and plasma widgets?

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami