D19306: send a signal over dbus when the wrong password is provided

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 2 20:14:54 GMT 2019

jgrulich accepted this revision.
jgrulich added a comment.

  Good idea to remove the failed connection.

INLINE COMMENTS

> secretagent.cpp:412
>          sendError(SecretAgent::NoSecrets, "Cannot authenticate", request.message);
> +        emit secretsError(request.connection_path.path(), i18n("Authentication to %1 failed. Wrong password?", request.connection.value("connection").value("id").toString()));
>          return true;

I'm not sure this assumption is currect, it's not that the password is wrong all the time, NM might be just asking for additional passwords or for passwords which are marked not to be stored (e.g. VPN, or WPA2 EAP). But I guess for your usecase we can leave it as it is, we just need to make sure that Configuration::showPasswordDialog() will be true only on plasma-mobile.

> handler.h:107
>      void initKdedModule();
> +    void secretAgentError(const QString &a, const QString &b);
>      void replyFinished(QDBusPendingCallWatcher *watcher);

void secretAgentError(const QString &connectionPath, const QString &message)

so we know on first look what are these params?

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet

BRANCH
  phab/errorSignal