D19389: Rewrite kworkspace logout, shutdown and suspend API

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 21 21:31:03 BST 2019

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in sessionmanagement.cpp:95
> The old one also checked KDM or whatever for "free ttys", is that still a thing?

I don't see where it did

> broulik wrote in sessionmanagement.h:93
> Didn't we have a "don't ask" thing that also doesn't ask for apps to close?

We did, but that isn't needed now.

If you want low level, you can use the SessionManagementBackend to just perform the action directly

> broulik wrote in sessionmanagementbackend.cpp:63
> what's the TODO?

KConfigWatcher support, but that's part of a bigger task. It's not worse than the current state.

> broulik wrote in sessionmanagementbackend.cpp:200
> Why is logind all async but consolekit is not? :)

Honestly, because it's super legacy and I don't really want to spend any time on it. Especially as I need to ask others to test again.

The old code blocked, anyway

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace