D21884: [Touchpad KCM] Do not crash in case there is no touchpad

Bastian Beischer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 18 20:27:44 BST 2019

beischer added a comment.

  Roman, with this patch the box with 'No touchpad found' is shown under X11, too:

  F6907948: no_touchpad.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6907948>

  Since I'm not the author of the code my intention was to fix the bug with as little side effects as possible. In Plasma 5.15 the code created a  TouchpadConfigXlib instance in case there was no touchpad, so that's what I went with here. If the user plugs in a device later, it looks like that should trigger XlibBackend::devicePlugged() which will reset the mode to the correct mode (see findTouchpad()). The next time the KCM touchpad is opened it should then show the correct set of (activated) controls.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  bug-408325 (branched from master)