D21725: Use a native application for starting plasma

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 10 16:46:39 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Concept ++

  > Started different systems on different distros, on wayland and x11.

  Given this is a huge change, please expand on this and confirm we've covered all paths.

  Debug needs cleaning (or QCDebug) before merge.

  ----

  > #preload the user's locale on first start

  is missing

  ----

INLINE COMMENTS

> startplasma.cpp:142
> +
> +    //TODO: consider linking directly
> +    const int applyMouseStatus = wayland ? 0 : runSync(QStringLiteral("kapplymousetheme"), { QStringLiteral("kcminputrc_mouse_cursortheme"), QStringLiteral("kcminputrc_mouse_cursorsize") });

Don't yet.

This being here is (I think) the result of a lazy hack due to env vars not getting synced properly from kcminit. I hope to address that.

Obviously your port being a 1:1 clone is fine.

> startplasma.cpp:258
> +    // At this point all environment variables are set, let's send it to the DBus session server to update the activation environment
> +    if (!QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("dbus-update-activation-environment")).isEmpty())
> +        exitCode = runSync(QStringLiteral("dbus-update-activation-environment"), { QStringLiteral("--systemd"), QStringLiteral("--all") });

braces

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace